Privacy policies > Covid-19
In March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus (Covid 19) as a world pandemic. Since then, the virus has evolved very fast and the government has taken actions to stop the spread of the virus.
According to each country when they consider its safe they will be opening borders and airports and restrictions will be decreasing, furthermore, the rules to travel will be changing frequently. We recommend to visit constantly the websites from the WHO or directly into the destination you are interested in traveling.
Click For more information on what you need to travel to Guatemala, Costa Rica o Belize.
GuateGo is a company that facilitates the acquisition of tickets and experiences while traveling. Therefore, to provide you all the information you need while traveling we have developed the following policies to make your experience better and easy in case you need to cancel or reschedule a trip.
Trips can suffer changes, and we do not charge fees for it. We understand that Covid-19 has generated that a lot of changes can happen (the close of borders and airports, flights cancellations, among others), reason why we offer change of tickets without fees.
Any type of ticket that belongs to a shuttle, luxury bus, coach bus, can be changed no more than 2 times and has a duration time to be used of 3 years without any feed.
You can make changes of origin or destination without any cost, provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current; if not, you will need to pay the difference. These changes are subject to the availability of space in vehicles.
You can make changes of dates and times without any cost, and you have up to 3 years to use them again and as soon as you need the change, you can do it to any origin or destination where we work. To cancel the reservation, you already have, you need to notify us 24 hours in advance, since then, you have 3 years to request the new trip. The new trip is subject to the availability of space in the vehicles.
We know that sometimes there may be inconveniences and we are here to help you and facilitate your trip, that is why we offer last-minute changes. However, it is possible that these changes may have an additional cost. These changes are subject to the availability of space in the vehicles.
This section applies to all those passengers that bought their tickets after March 2020.
GuateGo is exempt from any responsibility of closing borders, however, we understand that it is a possibility given what happened in the year 2020. As a result, if in any case, the border is closed (departure from the passenger or entry to the destination country), GuateGo has two options for cancelations:
• 2.1.1.Change date at no cost for the passenger, taking into account that you have up to three years to use your ticket to any origin and destination we have on our website. It is important to know that the new trip must be at the same price as the one being canceled, otherwise, the difference will have to be paid. These changes are subject to availability.
• 2.1.2.Ask for a refund, GuateGo will refund the passenger 90% of the total value of the amount consumed in case of cancellations, 10% is used to cover administrative costs and costs of receiving and sending money.
• 2.1.3.GuateGo will make the refunds to passengers in 30 working days after the cancelation, the times depend on the card operators and banks.
• 2.1.4.The total amount will be refunded by means of cancelation to the credit card as the first option, in case of complications will be via PayPal.
Governments of different countries around the world are taking measures to stop the spread of COVID-19, it is important to know the requirements of each country so as not to have problems at the time of the entry.
Click For more information on what you need to travel to Guatemala, Costa Rica o Belize.
The basic requirement is to take the negative PCR Covid-19 Test within the last 72 hours, without that proof you will not be allowed to enter. On the other hand, airports can evaluate cases that are not suspicious and test on-site.
GuateGO has prepared protocols for our travelers who may have a problem at the border when entering the destination countries:
• 2.2.1.If you purchased your tickets ahead of time and your PCR COVID-19 Test taken 72 hours prior to travel is positive, please contact us via either of these channels: [email protected] or +502 58087471. We will ask you to send a copy of the certificate or photo where it indicates your test to COVID-19 is positive. In this case, you can request a refund or postpone your trip as indicated on point 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
• 22.214.171.124.3 GuateGo is exempt from any responsibility if you are entering the Aurora airport or land borders and do not carry your PCR COVID-19 Test. However, we understand that these things happen and have prepared the following protocols:
• 126.96.36.199.If you have several days booked and one of them must be made the same day of your arrival in Guatemala, the first one will be charged in full and with the rest of the trips, you can opt for any of the options in section 2.1.
• 188.8.131.52.If you only have one trip booked, and this trip is the same day as your arrival, it is going to be charged in full. Otherwise, you can opt for any of the options in section 2.1.
• 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 If you are detected as a person at risk at the airport or land border and the authorities decide to perform the PCR COVID-19 Test and this test is positive even if your test in hand is negative; all your trips are eligible for any of the options in section 2.1. Always take into account paragraph 18.104.22.168.
During your trip, different changes or inconveniences may arise which are part of your experience (destination changes, schedules changes, change of transport type). GuateGo aims to make your trip as pleasant as possible, but you should keep in mind the following terms when you decide to use our services:
• 3.1.1.Remember that we are an intermediary between the agency and the client.
• 3.1.2.There may be delays of 20 to 30 minutes. Remember that several passengers are picked up and passing one by one takes time, BUT you should always be ready.
• 3.1.3.People who have paid more or less than you can travel on the same bus. The reason for this is that each agency sells its tickets in a different way; GuateGo tries to pay its suppliers in a responsible manner and in accordance with all the tax laws of the countries, and this has a price. However, the attention and service you will receive in GuateGo make everything work well.
• 3.1.4.If you have forgotten any object, we can hardly find it and return it, but we will try. Remember that you are responsible for your objects.
• 3.1.5.GuateGo is not responsible for any changes to company schedules or dates. In case of any change, you will be notified by email.
• 3.1.6.GuateGo is exempt from third-party factors that may occur within your trip, being these mechanical malfunctions, roadblocks, accidents, deflated tires, traffic, travel time, earthquakes, human and natural disasters. We can never be held responsible for these incidents and, therefore, we can hardly provide refunds or pay extra costs because of this.
In GuateGo what matters most to us is your experience, that the mobilization to know places is not a problem; we have always had cancelation policies and these are foreign to COVID-19, that is any cause that does not have to do with something caused by COVID-19.
• 3.2.1.If you cancel within 48 hours before your trip no refund applies, however, you can request a change of destination, time, date (up to one year) and will have 100% of the paid to reuse it, this provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current one that already has, otherwise you must cancel the difference. These changes are subject to vehicle availability on the selected day and time.
• 3.2.2.Cancelations within 72 hours of travel applies for a 50% refund, however, you can request a change of destination, time, date (up to one year) and will have 100% of the paid to reuse it, this provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current one that already has; otherwise, you must cancel the difference. These changes are subject to vehicle availability on the selected day and time.
• 3.2.3.Cancelations with more than 72 hours of the travel apply a 70% refund; however, you can request a change of destination, time, date (up to one year) and will have 100% of the paid to reuse it, this provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current one that already has; otherwise, you must cancel the difference. These changes are subject to vehicle availability on the selected time and day.
The private service is a personalized service contracted especially for you and your group. If at any time you want to add an additional stop to the contracted one and it is out of the route it may incur some additional cost. You’ll have to contact us so we can coordinate.
If at any time you have inconveniences with your flight and you are notified in advance, you can reschedule without any cost. Otherwise, you may incur some additional costs or stay as no show.
If you have made the purchase of your ticket through our website, PayPal, or a link sent by our staff; take into account that it will be returned by one of these means and the process may take 30 working days from the request for cancelation.