Privacy policies > Covid-19
In March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus (Covid 19) as a world pandemic. Since then, the virus has evolved very fast and the government has taken actions to stop the spread of the virus.
According to each country when they consider its safe they will be opening borders and airports and restrictions will be decreasing, furthermore, the rules to travel will be changing frequently. We recommend to visit constantly the websites from the WHO or directly into the destination you are interested in traveling.
You can make changes of origin or destination without any cost, provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current; if not, you will need to pay the difference. These changes are subject to the availability of space in vehicles.
You can make changes of dates and times without any cost, and you have up to 3 years to use them again and as soon as you need the change, you can do it to any origin or destination where we work. To cancel the reservation, you already have, you need to notify us 24 hours in advance, since then, you have 3 years to request the new trip. The new trip is subject to the availability of space in the vehicles.
We know that sometimes there may be inconveniences and we are here to help you and facilitate your trip, that is why we offer last-minute changes. However, it is possible that these changes may have an additional cost. These changes are subject to the availability of space in the vehicles.
• 2.1.1.Change date at no cost for the passenger, taking into account that you have up to three years to use your ticket to any origin and destination we have on our website. It is important to know that the new trip must be at the same price as the one being canceled, otherwise, the difference will have to be paid. These changes are subject to availability.
• 2.1.2.Ask for a refund, GuateGo will refund the passenger 90% of the total value of the amount consumed in case of cancellations, 10% is used to cover administrative costs and costs of receiving and sending money.
• 2.1.3.GuateGo will make the refunds to passengers in 30 working days after the cancelation, the times depend on the card operators and banks.
• 2.1.4.The total amount will be refunded by means of cancelation to the credit card as the first option, in case of complications will be via PayPal.
• 2.2.1.If you purchased your tickets ahead of time and your PCR COVID-19 Test taken 72 hours prior to travel is positive, please contact us via either of these channels: [email protected] or +502 58087471. We will ask you to send a copy of the certificate or photo where it indicates your test to COVID-19 is positive. In this case, you can request a refund or postpone your trip as indicated on point 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206.
• 220.127.116.11.3 GuateGo is exempt from any responsibility if you are entering the Aurora airport or land borders and do not carry your PCR COVID-19 Test. However, we understand that these things happen and have prepared the following protocols:
• 18.104.22.168.If you have several days booked and one of them must be made the same day of your arrival in Guatemala, the first one will be charged in full and with the rest of the trips, you can opt for any of the options in section 2.1.
• 22.214.171.124.If you only have one trip booked, and this trip is the same day as your arrival, it is going to be charged in full. Otherwise, you can opt for any of the options in section 2.1.
• 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52 If you are detected as a person at risk at the airport or land border and the authorities decide to perform the PCR COVID-19 Test and this test is positive even if your test in hand is negative; all your trips are eligible for any of the options in section 2.1. Always take into account paragraph 184.108.40.206.
• 3.1.1.Remember that we are an intermediary between the agency and the client.
• 3.1.2.There may be delays of 20 to 30 minutes. Remember that several passengers are picked up and passing one by one takes time, BUT you should always be ready.
• 3.1.3.People who have paid more or less than you can travel on the same bus. The reason for this is that each agency sells its tickets in a different way; GuateGo tries to pay its suppliers in a responsible manner and in accordance with all the tax laws of the countries, and this has a price. However, the attention and service you will receive in GuateGo make everything work well.
• 3.1.4.If you have forgotten any object, we can hardly find it and return it, but we will try. Remember that you are responsible for your objects.
• 3.1.5.GuateGo is not responsible for any changes to company schedules or dates. In case of any change, you will be notified by email.
• 3.1.6.GuateGo is exempt from third-party factors that may occur within your trip, being these mechanical malfunctions, roadblocks, accidents, deflated tires, traffic, travel time, earthquakes, human and natural disasters. We can never be held responsible for these incidents and, therefore, we can hardly provide refunds or pay extra costs because of this.
• 3.2.1.If you cancel within 48 hours before your trip no refund applies, however, you can request a change of destination, time, date (up to one year) and will have 100% of the paid to reuse it, this provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current one that already has, otherwise you must cancel the difference. These changes are subject to vehicle availability on the selected day and time.
• 3.2.2.Cancelations within 72 hours of travel applies for a 50% refund, however, you can request a change of destination, time, date (up to one year) and will have 100% of the paid to reuse it, this provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current one that already has; otherwise, you must cancel the difference. These changes are subject to vehicle availability on the selected day and time.
• 3.2.3.Cancelations with more than 72 hours of the travel apply a 70% refund; however, you can request a change of destination, time, date (up to one year) and will have 100% of the paid to reuse it, this provided that the new trip is of the same value as the current one that already has; otherwise, you must cancel the difference. These changes are subject to vehicle availability on the selected time and day.